Collection from Noida & Indirapuram, Ghaziabad
Purpose of Test
Hemoglobin forms extremely important and essential component of our body. Lack of deficiency in its components may harm our body badly. A hemoglobin abnormality is a variant form of hemoglobin that is usually inherited and even lead to a blood disorder. This test is used to check this disorder and knows the percentage or ratio of abnormalities in our blood.
NORMAL TEST RESULTS
The test results for a normal person may vary bit are generally as follows:-
• Male: 13.8 to 17.2 grams per deciliter (g/dL)
• Female: 12.1 to 15.1 g/dL
• Newborn: 14 to 24 g/dL
• Infant: 9.5 to 13 g/dL
Reasons Behind Abnormal Results
• The Patient may be suffering from anemia which leads to the killing of blood cells.
• Heavy menstrual bleeding or bleeding from the digestive bladder.
• Leukemia where your bone marrow is unable to produce new blood cells.
• Lack of iron, folate, Vitamin B12 or Vitamin B6.
How Test Performed
This test can be performed very easily. The doctor will only take your blood sample and then test it in the laboratory with the essential chemicals to know the results. A needle will be pierced in your body to take out your blood which may or may not pain depending on your tolerance power.