COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT Test
Collection from Noida & Indirapuram, Ghaziabad
Purpose of Test
NORMAL TEST RESULTS
The normal results for this test are given below as:-
- RBC count in males should be 4.7 to 6.1 million cells/mcL whereas in females it is 4.2 to 5.4 million cells/mcL.
- WBC count should be 4500 to 10,000 cells/mcL.
- Platelet count should be from 150,000 to 450,000/dL.
Reasons Behind Abnormal Results
Abnormal results may be due to the following reasons:-
- Lack of enough water or fluids in the body or low oxygen level in blood.
- Excessive smoking or kidney diseases.
- Excessive blood loss or conditions like leukemia and hemolysis.
How Test Performed
This test does not require any prior preparations. No instructions are there for a patient going for this test regarding his/her diet. The patient’s blood sample will be taken and will be examined in laboratory with various different chemicals and specimens to know the complete blood count.